Two Designs in Interweave Crochet Summer 2021 Issue

Photography: Molly Stevenson/ Interweave Crochet.

I'm thrilled to have two designs published in the Summer 2021 issue of Interweave Crochet magazine. It's been one of my favorite crochet magazines for years, which is why I'm also feeling a bit melancholy about this issue. Like so many other craft magazines, Interweave Crochet is ceasing publication. The Fall 2021 issue will be the last. Interweave is planning a new online venture in the coming months, so I'm hoping that will help fill the void.

Photography: Molly Stevenson/ Interweave Crochet.

With that sad news out of the way, let me show you my designs. First up is my Fields of Gold Cowl—simple but so stylish. The yarn is a pima cotton/linen-blend Cabot from Sugar BushYarns. The stitch combination is simple, but it really gives the design a lot of depth and drape. A little behind-the-scenes information: I actually designed this piece a few years ago, and despite a few rejections, I was sure it would eventually find a home. When I received the submissions call for the Summer issue, I thought my little cowl would fit perfectly in the "Summer Soiree" section. Thankfully, the editors agreed!

Photography: Molly Stevenson/ Interweave Crochet.

The issue's other theme is "With a Twist," and I can't tell you how much fun I had designing this Pink Grapefruit Pillow. The soft and squeezy yarn is Plymouth Encore Worsted in California Pink, Bright Yellow, and White. It's definitely making me crave something sweet and citrusy. 

Photography: Molly Stevenson/ Interweave Crochet.