Cross-Stitch Minis: Valentine Hearts


It's been a minute . . . actually, it's been more than seven months . . . since I shared some of my mini cross-stitch motifs. In my blogging life, as in the rest of my life, I find that the worst thing I can do is to say "this is how I'm going to do (fill in the blank) from now on." So when I announced last summer that I intended to make my "cross-stitch minis" a regular blog feature, I was doomed to fail. I had the best of intentions, but then I got busy with other projects--which is a good thing--and the blog got put on the back burner.

Good news! Now that I'm filled with the fresh-start spirit that the new year brings, I am sharing a new cross-stitch minis collection--hearts and arrows, just in time for Valentine's Day. I decided not to create a color key for this set because they can really be made with any colors of floss you have on hand. I created the charts with shades of red, pink, and purple, but please use your favorite romantic palette. I recommend using two strands of floss for both the cross-stitches and the straight stitches.

And what can you do with these teeny-tiny hearts? Check out the photos below for inspiration. You can stitch your hearts on Aida fabric, linen, or perforated paper. Incorporate them into a Valentine card  or a bookmark. Make them into magnets of a piece of jewelry. Be creative!

Happy Valentine's Day--and happy stitching!