Red, White & Blue Beanbags


I hope you're celebrating the unofficial start of summer with family and friends today. I plan on spending the day relaxing, visiting, and eating some burgers and potato salad. To get you in the summertime spirit, I'm sharing a project that's pretty and practical--these super simple red, white and blue beanbags.  You can use them to hold your tablecloth, napkins, and paper plates in place on breezy days. You can arrange them in a basket to make a simple centerpiece. You can even use them in a beanbag toss game. (They are beanbags, after all.)

I used three cotton prints to make my beanbags: a blue swirl pattern, a red-and-white floral, and a red polka-dot fabric. They're embellished with red, white, and blue rickrack, and red-and-white gingham ribbon. You can, of course, use any ribbons or trims you have in your sewing stash. Click here to download a printable pattern sheet.

Start stitching now, and you can have bunches made in time for your next summer picnic!

(This design was published on my previous blog, KBB Crafts & Stitches.)