Mini Cross-Stitch Motifs for Spring

Mini Cross-Stitch Motifs for Spring   ©2019 Kathleen Berlew


Happy (belated) Spring! The first daffodil has bloomed in our garden and the robins are chirping away, so I'm sure the sun will eventually chase away the chill here in Northeastern Pennsylvania. In the meantime, I'm keeping busy indoors with a bunch of crochet, cross-stitch, and sewing projects.

To celebrate the season, I'm sharing a sampling of mini cross-stitch motifs for spring. When I say mini, I mean mini--the largest is 16 stitches high, the smallest is just 5 stitches high. I also provided a key for the floss colors I recommend, but you can of course use any colors you like. The fabric choice is also totally up to you. Stitch a daffodil on a scrap of 18-count Aida and make it into pendant, or use waste canvas to stitch a parade of rabbits or peeps on a child's T-shirt. Stitch a field of irises, tulips, and daffodils on linen and frame them in a hoop. Just get creative, get stitching, and enjoy Spring!