Little Lamb Needle Keeper

Felt lamb needle keeper
When  I cross-stitch and sew, I like to keep a variety of needles handy. I usually just stick them in a scrap of felt, but I decided it was finally time to make myself a proper needle keeper. This little lamb is simple to sew from scraps of felt (I used black and white WoolFelt from National Nonwovens). It keeps my needles safe and secure, and it's so much cuter than a boring scrap of felt.
patterns for felt lamb needle keeper
©2018 Kathleen Berlew
To make your own needle keeper, print out the patterns above to the size you like (my needle keeper is really tiny--just 3 inches wide). Cut the pieces from felt as indicated: one body backing and one head from black, one body from white.

Now it's time to sew! Use white thread or embroidery floss to sew the white body onto the black body backing, matching up the scalloped edges. Use running stitch and sew 1/8 inch from the edge. Next, use black thread or embroidery floss to sew the head in place.

That's it--your needle keeper is ready to use! I hope you're sewing something fun!

close up of felt lamb needle keeper