Work in Progress: All-Season Stitching

Yarn, embroidery floss, felt, needlework and crochet projects in process
July was another busy month in my workroom. Here's a sampling of some of the projects I've been working on. Since most of them are destined (hopefully) for publication in craft magazines, I can't show you too much. As you can see, I've been simultaneously been working on summer, fall, and Halloween designs.
 
Top left: Playing with a fall palette. For hand-sewing designs, I usually pull out my collections of National Nonwovens WoolFelt and embroidery floss and try to find interesting combinations.

Center left: Lion Brand 24/7 Cotton in tangerine, jade, and mint. I haven't started crocheting yet, but truest me, the design is in my head.

Bottom left: An all-season project with an all-over-the-place palette that's been in the works for a while. The star of the show is the Stardust Aida from Charles Craft. The photo doesn't do it justice, but sparkly strands of silver fibers are woven into the fabric.

Top center: I loved working with Comfy Cotton from Lion Brand. I'll have to order some more to finish this rather large project that I started a few weeks ago.

Bottom center: Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, so I'm more than happy to stitch some spooky designs in the summer. I pulled a classic palette of oranges, greens, yellows, and purples for this project, which will be stitched on black Aida (of course).

Top right: I used this cheery color combination for a summery project that will (fingers crossed) catch an editor's eye.

Center right: I pulled out one of my small steel hooks and some variegated DMC floss for an experiment in teeny-tiny crochet. It's a little hard on the hands, but I'm determined to translate the concept in my head into a real design.

Bottom right: A small swatch of a secret crochet design I'm working on. The yarn is Red Heart Super Saver in Flamingo. I'm in love with this color!

I'll be sure to keep you updated if any of these WIPs make it to the pages of my favorite craft magazines.