Work in Progress: Spring Fever

Since Easter came so early this year, the arrival of spring weather (here in Pennsylvania, anyway) seems especially late. The lingering cold and gloom have given me a serious case of spring fever. To chase away my winter blues--and hopefully hurry spring along--I've lined up a few pretty pastel projects. Here's a rundown on my works in progress:

1. When I plan a sewing project, the first step is pulling my fabrics, threads, and trims together to see what inspires me. The result of my latest forage through my stash of WoolFelt is this palette of pale oranges, yellows, and greens. The next step is to sketch and stitch the design I have in my head. I'll probably edit my my materials as I work, but there will definitely be pompoms of some sort. (FYI: The WoolFelt snown is from National Nonwovens; the embroidery floss is from DMC.)

2. Can I really call two skeins of yarn and a crochet hook a work in progress? Definitely! I know what I want to make from this lovely ginger and natural cotton yarn, I just have to add the project to my every-growing crochet to-do list. (You can find Patons Grace yarn at Yarnspirations.)

3. It's definitely fair to call this crochet project a WIP. Don't you love the yarn? It's  Mandala in Wood Nymph from Lion Brand. It reminds me of the lilac bush that will be blossoming outside my window soon. 

4. Speaking of flowers . . . This photo wasn't taken in my craft room. To be honest, it wasn't even taken this year. Our daffodils are a little shy this season, but they'll be blooming soon. I get a lot of my design inspiration from flowers, leaves, and nature, so I really look forward to watching our garden grow and change each year. It's definitely a work in progress.