Welcome to Floss & Fleece

crochet shawl, cross-stitch in progress, felt applique butterfly

Welcome to Floss & Fleece, my new blogging venture! After four years of sharing my craftiness on KBB Crafts & Stitches, I've decided it's time for a change. By both intention and serendipity, my creative interests have shifted from crafter-of-all-trades to needlework designer. On this blog, I'll be focusing on my favorite fibers--embroidery floss, wool felt, and yarn (the "floss" and "fleece" of the title)--and sharing my adventures in cross-stitch, crochet, and hand-sewing. Each week I'll be posting about my maker's life, from inspiration boards and favorite finds to tutorials and printables. Of course I'll be sharing instructions and patterns for simple needlework projects too. You'll find free cross-stitch, hand-sewing, and crochet patterns on the Printable Patterns page, and you can see my latest published designs on the Portfolio page. 

I've jump-started the blog with a bunch of fun posts, including three projects. The "Little Lamb Needle Keeper" and the "Little Lambs Pincushion" celebrate the floss-and-fleece theme. The crocheted "Poppy Purse" provides a bright splash of spring color. If you're looking to tame your yarn stash, you can print some yarn organizer cards and create a yarn binder like I did. I've also given you a peek at one of my favorite published crochet designs--"Bold Boho Mini Throw"--which is featured in the Summer 2018 issue of Crochet! magazine.

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you'll be a regular Floss & Fleece visitor. I love hearing from you, so please post your feedback and questions in the comments. And please click on the social media buttons on the home page to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Google+.